Click each photo for an enlarged view. See more wedding photos from The Milestone in our Gallery
Weddings at The Milestone on the River
- Cancellations made 6 months or less prior to the reception date will require payment in full.
- A credit card is required at the time of contract for the damage deposit However, the damage deposit will not be drawn unless damage occurs. The Milestone on the River reserves a 48 hour time period, which begins at the expiration time of the contract, to inspect the property, furnishings and belongings. If damage is found, the Milestone on the River will notify the client the amount necessary for the damages and charge the credit card account on file.
- The Milestone on the River will not be held liable for lost, damaged, or misplaced personal belongings of event guests.
- Your wedding experience may also include use of the mansion’s first and 3rd floor (if purchased). Per fire code regulations, during the reception the 3rd floor is available to the bridal party only and not as a general gathering space; however, the first floor of the mansion and grounds are available to all of your guests.
- Children of all ages are welcomed guests; however, children under 12 are to be supervised by an adult at all times. The Milestone on the River will not be responsible for the care of or supervision of children.
- The paying guest is responsible for the safety and good order of all equipment and other property owned by The Milestone on the River and is liable for such if it is lost, stolen, damaged, or misplaced.
- The Milestone on the River is a non-smoking building due to State Law and insurance parameters. Smoking is permitted outside only in designated areas. Littering is prohibited and a clean-up fee will be assessed on the credit card held for damages if smoking guests do not use designated ashtrays/receptacles.
- The use of candles indoors is prohibited unless used in approved, designated areas during the event time.
- Decorations may not be attached to or adhered in any way to the building inside or out unless approved by The Milestone on the River.
- No birdseed, rice or confetti is to be used.
- The Milestone on the River cannot store items after the event concludes. While The Milestone on the River only hosts one special event at time, it is not implied that the entire building and the venue’s services are available to the event client exclusively.
- The Milestone on the River has a participating vendors list which is intended to be helpful. With the exception of our designated caterer, you may select any vendor you choose whether or not they appear on our participating vendor list.
- Each outside vendor must provide their own equipment to perform the necessary functions of their job including tables, extension cords, etc.
- If outside electric use is required for DJ’s and/or musicians, advance coordination is required. The venue may not be able to power multiple pieces of equipment and in some cases generators may be necessary. Generators are not provided by the Milestone on the River.
- You may also elect to hire a professional wedding coordinator as The Milestone on the River representatives will not manage your outside vendors. It is our pleasure to work with, but not oversee, your outside vendors. The Milestone on the River is not responsible for outside vendors with regard to quality or pricing of services they provide.
- You purchase your own alcohol for your reception, and it will be served through our designated caterer. This means there is no outlandish bar tab at the end of the evening. The Milestone on the River is fully insured in a liquor host capacity and the designated caterer has been permitted by the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board to serve alcohol at your event. Enjoy the tremendous cost savings!
- The Milestone on the River only permits professional bar service from the designated caterer. Please do not ask if a friend or family member may tend bar. Our intent is to keep all guests safe and to do that we insist a professional, not personally involved in your event, serve the beverages of your choice. This also means wine and/or other alcohol may not be placed in opened bottles on the tables for consumption. Kegs, bottled beer, wine, cocktails and cordials are permitted on the property (if arranged through designated caterer) while shots of alcohol are not.
- The Milestone on the River acknowledges that the paying guest may have alcoholic beverages on the premises and available to event guests. However, alcoholic beverages are not to be sold under any circumstances and no “shots” are served at the venue. The Milestone on the River has no responsibility for furnishing or serving alcoholic beverages. Professional Bar Service must be contracted through the on-site caterer. No one, other than an employee of the caterer, may serve alcohol on the premises during the event.
- A two-drink limit per visit to the bar per person is enforced along with proper I.D. for all guests consuming alcoholic beverages. The last service for alcoholic beverages will be 30 minutes prior to the reception’s end; however, sodas, tea, coffee, water, etc. may continue to be offered and available. A guest may not be served more than two alcoholic beverages at a time and all guests must observe the law with regard to being 21 years and older to consume alcoholic beverages. If underage drinking is observed by The Milestone on the River or catering staff or if guests are consuming alcohol not being served at the bar by a professional bartender, The Milestone on the River reserves the right to stop the event and inform local police authorities.
- All bar service for wedding receptions must be concluded 30 minutes prior to the reception’s end, while sodas, coffee and tea may remain available during the last 30 minutes of the reception.
- Guests are prohibited from taking alcoholic beverages off the premises during the event. Exceptions are made for unopened containers if gifted by the paying guest.